11/13/11

Watch for bandaids on fingers!

She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. - Proverbs 31:13
She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle. - Proverbs 31:19

For the majority of people that know me, they know that I'm a klutz; it's a given that I find bruises on my shins and I have no clue how I got them (In fact, I have a bruise that's just going away on my left leg.). I can trip over my own feet with relative ease and without anything to trip over (Would you call it a gift without laughing? I sure can't!).

I'm thankful my cat doesn't target me; she targets my husband instead. :)

While I may be klutzy, I also have the urge to do something with my hands; they're usually occupied by two to four needles and a bunch of yarn (Sometimes, something cute comes from that work!).

Lately, I've been wanting to sew. A part of that comes from the fact that I have a hard time finding skirts that are modest (and that I don't have to alter) and affordable (Affordable on an enlisted Marine's salary, that is.); another part is that I want to stay occupied. I honestly believe that God doesn't make us lazy; we do that to ourselves (and we're quite good at it, if we're truly honest with ourselves). That and "other things" get in the way of busyness; we loaf around and we claim to be "bored"...until we have to do something (Cleaning a room, doing dishes or taking out the trash, for example.).

I've found a couple of patterns that look easy and I cut out the pieces of one to put a tunic together (My practice piece, if you will.). Here's to not stabbing myself with pins or needles! :D

No comments: