11/28/11

This Week in Scripture; give thanks!

"Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him; sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!" 1 Chronicles 16:8-9

This past week, Americans (including yours truly) celebrated Thanksgiving; most folks stuffed themselves silly with turkey and pumpkin pie, then watched football. Others were content with foodstuffs like cranberry sauce (My personal favorite!) and stuffing. Either way, people love food.

However, the meaning behind this holiday gets lost in the hustle and bustle and shuffle of preparing for the big feast; it's really a day to give thanks and, in my case, it's to thank God for another year of being on this planet.

I was blessed to have my husband here this year (He was in Afghanistan last year.), as well as a good friend of mine. However, I consider myself more blessed because I am a child of God (not by anything that I've done, but what He has done).

Consider yourself blessed if you don't already and give thanks to the LORD!

No comments: