9/28/11

What to wear...and what not to wear.

As of late, I've been thinking about what I've been wearing (Work with me here, folks.).

Since I could remember, I've been a tomboy; I've worn jeans, shorts and T-shirts. I hardly wore dresses growing up (I'm rather embarrassed to admit this, but I poked fun at the girls that did wear skirts and dresses 24/7 at first; I now understand the reasoning behind their choices.) and when I did, I felt uncomfortable and girly (Remember, I was a tomboy! I hung out with boys growing up; in fact, I normally put Barbies aside for Lincoln Logs.).

Now that I'm older, hopefully a tad bit wiser (That can be debated, depending on where the wisdom's coming from.) and with a daughter of my own, I have a strong desire to teach her what it means to be female, to be feminine and to display those qualities in a Biblical manner while not attracting the wrong kind of attention. That said, I want to set a good example for her. Even more so, I want to please God.

So, I've been looking at my closet and in my drawers; most of what I have are jeans, T-shirts and shorts. Perhaps an overhaul wouldn't be a bad thing. On top of that, several of those items aren't what I'd call "modest". I'm sure that several of those things don't please God; they can easily be more modest (Layering is a good thing!). Other things (Such as jeans.) will be put away.

This should be an interesting thing; I pray that God's glorified in the entire transition.

I'm slowly starting my skirt collection with two skirts from Goodwill (An awesome place to find some neat things at a bargain!) and I have a couple of skirts that I already own that I can wear to church (The long "Gypsy" skirts.). I'll keep an eye out for more skirts and longer tops.

That said, I would love it if I can be pointed in the right direction in the way of clothing.

No comments: