9/29/11

Day 1 - She bought what??

Apparently, modesty is in (At least, there are quite a few folks that are concerned about ladies being modest.); that's great news for those that 1) don't want unneeded attention, 2) want to be feminine and 3) honor God (most importantly).

I'll give the Mormons some credit on this one; the majority of the online shops are run by Mormons and they stress modesty. Something that the majority of Christians need to consider and take some notes.

I did manage to find three more skirts today (Thanks, Old Navy!); two ankle-length (Taupe and gray.) and one mid-calf (black). I'm now on the hunt for tops that can be layered (So far, I've had quite a bit of luck online.) in some colors that I haven't considered (Bright turquoise? I'll try it!).

When we were still getting our bearings here at Pendleton, there was a store (That since closed; boo!) that catered to a more modest lady while still looked pretty and feminine (If anyone has a chance to shop at Romy in either Oregon or Washington state, do so; I'm really bummed that the stores in CA have closed, since their camisoles are much longer than most camisoles I used to wear.). That said, I managed to snag about four or five camisoles from that store and I adore them.

That and I'm already planning a small shopping trip to Irvine; apparently, there is a store called DownEast Basics at the Spectrum and their clothing is inexpensive and cute. Yay!

Anyway, I've starting to get a small collection of both dressy and casual skirts and I'm thrilled.

No comments: