9/20/11

Speaking up when necessary...

As most people in the US knows by now, the concept known as "don't ask, don't tell" was officially repealed today.

Like a lot of folks on Facebook, I spoke up about it (I disagree with the repeal.), thinking that things would be okay. Instead, I was surprised...with disappointment.

As of now, I "lost" quite a few "friends" over that disagreement, as well as the aftermath of that disagreement. While that may hurt (It does hurt, don't get me wrong.), what hurt more was that I wasn't considered a friend to them.

I was gently reminded of two verses: John 15:18 and Matthew 5:10 (Thanks to my friend Cece.) Either way, those that speak up on the Truth will be hated and will be mocked for their faith. In return, God will remember those that have suffered for His sake.

Food for thought: For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. - 2 Corinthians 1:8-9

It's things like what happened to me are what drives us to Christ and into His arms.

Don't be afraid to speak up for Truth.

No comments: