3/19/12

This Week in Scripture; joy comes with the morning!

Sing praises to the Lord, O you His saints, and give thanks to His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. - Psalm 30:4-5

Joy comes with the morning, especially if weeping came with it the night before!

When we do sin, our hearts should grieve; after all, we do commit an offense before an amazing, awful, and awesome God (Who had claimed us as His children.). That alone should make us bend our knees and cry out before Him! Therefore, we should be thankful and sing praises to Him, since He saved us from our wretchedness.

The fact that His favor lasts for a lifetime is so sweet to a hardened heart; His anger may break the hard stone away, but it's His love that softens the heart of flesh.

Isn't it great to worship a God such as He?

I'm often amazed at how much my daughter grows; it seems, as if, she's growing right before my eyes! Today, she learned how to walk up the stairs unassisted (Saying, "Bye, Mommy! See ya later!" as she climbed up the stairs.); all I can do is sniffle and cheer at the same time.

This little milestone reminds me that, even if I do get angry over the things she does, she doesn't earn my favor because she does well; she gets my favor because she's my daughter.

Think about that when God disciplines you; He does it because He loves you, not because He despises you.

No comments: