3/12/12

This Week in Scripture; I cried and You healed me!

I will extol you, O Lord, for You have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You have healed me. O Lord, You have brought up my soul from Sheol; You restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. - Psalm 30:1-3

When things go right, we're willing to praise God for them; we see the sunshine and the tulips and happily hop, skip, and jump through them (It's a nice field of tulips; I'd be happy to scamper around as well and I'm in my 30s!). It's when the clouds come, the rain falls, and the storms hit that we tend to grumble and complain against the very same Creator that gives us these things to make those tulips grow and the sunshine to peek through.

It's something that I've recently learned: I grow best during the stormy trials that come my way; I learn to lean on God since He is much stronger than I ever could be and He is much more merciful to me during those times as well. Praise God for such experiences!

For instance, Bee has been enrolled in physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), and speech therapy (ST) every week for the past three months or so; since we started, we managed to cut back OT to every other week last month. Today, I was given the news that Bee can graduate from ST; tomorrow is her last day!

Speaking of Bee, she's currently enjoying Frank Sinatra (and tries to say his name and dance along to him singing). :)

God is so good!

No comments: