10/3/11

This week in Scripture; creation and knitting

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. - Psalm 139:14

I was looking back at the various verses I've memorized so far and I came across the verse that this blog was named for (Psalm 139:13); this week's verse (and next week's) are usually memorized together.

One thing came to mind as this verse popped out for me: I don't praise God enough that He made me and that my soul knows His works (I don't praise Him enough period.). I'm still having a hard time grasping that altogether and I thought that I understood our Father; He's never failed to surprise me with His mercy and endless grace. That alone should be a good reason to praise Him!

The fact that my soul already knows His works is mind-boggling; it's an awestruck feeling when the Creator of the universe made sure that my soul (As puny and insignificant it is.) knows HIS works.

Speaking of creation and whathaveyou, I'm knitting a slouchy hat that can be found on Ravelry and on the Madelinetosh site, called Stella; so far, it's a quick knit (Even though I had double-pointed needles in a 6 instead of a circular needle; either one can be used, really, but a circular needle tends to be easier for me to use.) and I'm enjoying it.

I also managed to find another hat to make, thanks to that website...I'm even willing to pay $6 for it (That's unusual for me; I usually gravitate free patterns since I'm lazy cheap usually broke.).

Here's to a blessed week for everyone!

No comments: