10/8/11

Consistent with the Gospel

I'll admit that one of my favorite TV shows is on the History Channel; it's called Top Shot. My husband and I watch it consistently (Mainly because we're both gun nuts.) and the series is in its 3rd season.

This season has been quite interesting, since one of the competitors is a devout Christian (Turns out, he is a camp director and minister!); his attitude has been Christ-like and constantly upbeat. This is what History Channel viewers are seeing and hopefully are being pointed to Christ.

I'm not saying that we're to fawn over the dude (Not by any means!), but we should be imitating Christ (See 1 Corinthians 11:1; Paul encourages believers to be like him.), especially when all eyes are on us because we claim to be Christians. I believe that the Top Shot competitor is imitating Christ.

Folks, be consistent with the Gospel; walk the walk while talking the talk (Convey the message clearly and live up to its standards with God's strength.). When you stumble, admit to stumbling (sinning), stand back up (repent) and start running again (press on).

No comments: