4/17/12

This Week in Scripture; God shames the wise and the strong.

But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. - 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 I've constantly noticed that God has a way of making Himself known; He always chooses those that aren't strong or wise by the world's standards (Mainly because those that are worldly-wise and worldly-strong are always blind to God or refuse to acknowledge His presence.). Of course, those that are worldly-wise and worldly-strong will make fun of those that appear to be weak and foolish; that's to be expected, especially if those that are "weak" or "foolish" are dependent on the Lord to get them through the day. Here's the secret: Those that appear to be fools or weak are more than aware of their inability to please God; they are aware of their need for a Savior. Those that claim to be strong or wise always fall for the old bait-and-switch that the enemy (He is a mere creature and not on equal footing with God!) constantly employs. In many ways, I am a fool in the world's eyes; I am a weakling to them. However, my God has the upper hand and He will deal with them justly; my concern is to share the Gospel with anyone I come in contact with. **** Today is my birthday (For the record, I'm 31; I know I look younger.); I plan to celebrate later in the week. God bless!

No comments: