12/24/10

Time Sure Flies!

It's been a while since I updated this thing; my apologies!

I managed to start another Swallowtail shawl (This time, it's in Fiesta La Luz in a really pretty colorway called Stargazer.), finished some small projects and even started a hat (or three).

That out of the way, I'd wanted to post some lyrics that, while may not be normally considered a Christmas tune, mean a lot to me personally.

Come, ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love and pow’r.

(Refrain)I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
Oh, there are ten thousand charms.

Come, ye thirsty, come, and welcome,
God’s free bounty glorify;
True belief and true repentance,
Every grace that brings you nigh.

Come, ye weary, heavy-laden,
Lost and ruined by the fall;
If you tarry till you’re better,
You will never come at all.

(The rest of the lyrics can be found at the following site: Timeless Truths)

While this particular hymn isn't found in some hymnals, I still remember singing it at my old church back in North Carolina.

This song is incredibly comforting, especially to those that are hurting at this time of the year; holidays can be painful reminders to folks that have lost loved ones during the year, as well as those that are waiting for loved ones to come home from dangerous deployments. Please pray for those whose hearts are a tad bit more lonesome.

To my friends, I wish you a blessed Christmas; I pray that you're able to spend time with friends and family. If not, I'm sure that they're holding a place for you when you do return.

No comments: