3/4/08

Lotus Blossom Shawl, take 1!

Since I decided to hold off on Monkey sock #2, I went ahead and dive into multitasking in the form of the Lotus Blossom Shawl.

Using La Luz Multi - a silk yarn, even (In my crazy way of thinking, silk yarn makes for a gorgeous shawl!) - in Stargazer (Pastel shades of the rainbow!), I'm looking forward to having a shawl that is pretty, goes with everything (Including blue glasses!) and is soft to the touch (Which is proving well so far.) without being itchy (Yay!) is this girl's dream come true.

I'm using metal circulars this time around (The Boye needles in size 6.) and they're working quite well. My tension is spot on (For a change.), so my poor thumb won't be overworked by clenching the yarn too tight.

On top of that, I've learned three new techniques: the knit front-to-back-to-front (kfbf), the knit front-to-back (a variant of the kfb), and the make 1 increase. On top of that, this is my first charted piece. Hooray!

Now, let's see if taekwondo doesn't knock this chick to the ground (I took up TDK; class two is tomorrow. Yay!) before I get started on chart 1!

No comments: